Saturday, April 5, 2008

Magazine Madness


I was quickly scanning my weekly trashy, worthless magazine the other day in Easons. There all so hypocritical with one magazine showing off some z-list celebrity who’s lost weight, fabulous and looking for the new man in her life while the other controversial magazine has the same z-list ‘celeb’ sprawled across the cover with the title "weight gain, in despair and a born again virgin"!
What is quite humorous is that we, woman read them religiously but what for?
It drives me crazy seeing that no good Kerry Katona every week for one reason or another even though she’s no more a celebrity that my left foot. She was some little jumped up school girl playing in a one hit wonder girl band.
So why do I read them? The reason being I’m a complete sucker for that kind of material, I take pleasure I admit in the pain and misery in all those big shots that have the money and looks and yet find rehab somewhat a past time at this stage.
I could go on forever but honestly at the end of that dark day you’ll not see me with my head buried in the Sunday Independent reading the trials and tribulations of Mr Bertie Ahern (poor man).

No comments: