Sunday, May 11, 2008

Customer Service?

I’m sure the majority of us can distinguish between good and bad customer service, I’m no exception. I’m sure that at one stage over the last few years that we’ve all come in contact with at least one experience of poor customer service.
I’m not been picky or fussy I just think that, may it be a can of beans or a €500 watch we should all be greeted with an appropriate level of good service.
It’s quite amusing how many employees are aware of the importance of a smile.
It really annoys me in large clothing shops like Pennys that the ‘staff’ can totally ignore us and carry on gossiping about their weekend gone by or the weekend ahead, you’d be very luck to even get a thank you for your purchases, do they not realise that without us, the customers they wouldn’t even have a job so I don’t think its unfair to ask for 30 seconds of there time.
I was in Dunnes Stores last week asking for bun cases, the member of staff simply shrugged her shoulders and told me to ask someone else! WELL, I’M SORRY LOVE but is it not in your job description to help your customers instead of pawning me on to someone else. Even just a few weeks previous in JJB’S, two female staff at the tills bitched and moaned about there assistant manager as they threw me my change.
Always one to be assertive I politely asked for there so called assistant manager and had the pleasure of telling him exactly what I thought and heard.
Although it sounds as if I’m been such a ‘moaning Michael’ I just feel that management are failing to provide their staff with adequate customer service skills but then again is customer service really that bad that we have to be educated on a few ‘Pleases’ and ‘thank yous’!

No comments: